WHAT, A COMMERCIAL FOR PETITIONS?!

I wonder if this will become common, and I am not sure how I feel about it!

How do you feel?

This is new to me. I had was Raised that you should not ask a profane directly in this way.

I have heard many of my more traveled Brothers mention problems with expanding membership. I personally am on the fence with type of tactic. I am not sure I feel comfortable with "RECRUITING". If this continues does it make the fraternity lose it's sublimes?

Then on the other hand all those petitioning do have to pass investigation for membership. Advertising in this manner does not mean anyone can be accepted. So does it really matter.?Many of the Brothers I know think this is how Freemasonry must "evolve with the times" so to speak. In my travels and studies, I have seen this as quite a evident fact: "that like all things in nature over time, must adapt somewhat outwardly to server changes in the elements around it" so must Freemasonry.

I do prefer the tactic of trying to "spark" a conversation and mentioning "have you ever thought about a petition". It just seems sutler. I think even a commercial about what we are doing in the community would cause the same affect as this commercial. I really am not criticising this method, just unsure of it's overall effects.

I would like to know others comments on this either way, please post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good point! On each side of this.

Anonymous said...

Just wait for the Spam Emails pointing to that Advertisement.